We’re seeking people to join our team that are passionate about what they do and even more passionate about our mission of Making Disciples, Reaching our World, and Developing Churches and Ministers. If you feel called to be part of this mission as an employee of Abundant Life Christian Center, please carefully review the required qualifications an
Spiritual growth and development by a pattern of spending time reading the Bible and praying.
Demonstrating a lifestyle consistent with biblical principles, exhibiting moral and ethical standards consistent with God’s word, will and wisdom, while serving Him and ALCC. Maintaining a servant’s heart attitude.
The EngagementLeader is responsible for creating an engaging membership and serving culture that furthers the work of the ministry through the use of recruitment, orientation, and training initiatives. This role will be responsible for fostering a culture of membership commitment and service, based on the principles of LifeStream (engagement, discipleship, and service in the local church). Work closely with the Executive Director of Life Stream to develop and maintain membership and volunteer policies, procedures, documentation, and communications. Oversee the church database, Church Community Builder (CCB), to ensure accurate and up to date records of our guests, friends, and family. Success for this role should ultimately result in members and volunteers with a deeper engagement and commitment to the mission of ALCC.
- Oversee the engagement process that welcomes guests and friends, and moves them to committed membershipWelcome and follow-up with potential members by phone, email, and in person (when appropriate) Develop and work with a team of volunteers to assist with VIP, NEXT, Membership Meetings, Member Welcomes, Serve 101 (to include the set-up, tear down, meeting flow and processing of applications or other documents after each meeting.)
- Monitor the assignment of members to their appropriate Care Ministers and Communities as necessary (new, after moving, etc.)
- Responsible for administering and assessing all volunteer programs at ALCC to include recruitment, orientation, and training of volunteers. Develop innovative and relevant methods to engage members into the serving culture of ALCC.Working closely with the Executive Director of Life Stream, execute strategic volunteer recruitment initiatives to support staffing needs. Enthusiastically recruit volunteers to assist with various ministries at ALCC.
- Plan & execute Serve 101 class, as well as oversee the entire onboarding experience for volunteers throughout the ministry.
- Develop content for weekly huddles and communicate information (this includes Big Huddle).Effectively communicate the Vision, Mission, and Core Values of ALCC so that all volunteer initiatives are in alignment with the direction of the church.
- Provide a variety of training methods to develop volunteers in their serving skills. Work closely with staff to hold them accountable in their volunteer management and ensure they are providing an excellent serving experience.
- Develop and maintain an annual membership and volunteer activities budget.
- Compile data and prepare reports on member and volunteer statistics minimally on a quarterly basis Oversee the accuracy of the Online Community (CCB) and champion its use as the main form of communication to ALCC members and volunteers.
- Monitor database of current members and volunteers to ensure all record keeping requirements are up-to-date.
- Oversee databases ensuring information is accurately recorded, reported, and tracked. Complete appropriate paperwork for new members and volunteers, including criminal background checks when necessary.
- Oversee that all paper files for Membership are organized electronically on Sharepoint with staff/volunteer support The Engagement Leader is responsible for developing and maintaining ALCC’s policies and procedures for members and volunteers.
- Provide support to members and volunteers regarding internal policies, conflict resolution, problem-solving & volunteer policies, practices and procedures.
Mercy Works, Inc. is seeking a seasoned leader with vision, strategic, operations and programming oversight responsibility. As Executive Director, the ideal candidate will have a proven success in developing a culture that nurtures growth, team approach, and entrepreneurial thinking among staff. Must be a leader who partners with the Board of Directors to build organizational capacity in personnel, funding and facilities, while delivering measurable, cost-effective results that makes the vision a reality.
Business & Strategy
- Serves as the senior advisor and key collaborator with the Board of Directors in visioning and priority setting for the organization. Leads stewardship and fiscal accountability.
- Prepares reports, provide financial analyses, ensure compliance with legal and regulatory policies, as well as, effectively communicating critical operations matters.
- Develop annual financial plans that fund the accomplishment of the strategic plan and meet critical financial objectives such as established cash reserve levels.
- Facilitate the annual strategic planning process including evaluation of performance; review of mission, vision, and core values; development of key objectives and tactics; and establishment of three-year plans.
- Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization by establishing key performance measures (KPMs) to drive productivity and timely decision-making.
- Develops trust-based relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate information sharing, effective coordination, execution of established priorities and expedite problem solving.Works with Board President to ensure preparedness for internal and external meetings, events, appearances and manage the flow of issues and problems requiring immediate responses or anticipatory preparations with talking points.
- Represents the Board President within the community at meetings and committees, and act on their behalf to ensure that key initiatives are effectively communicated and implemented.
- Delegates program and associated operational priorities, monitors progress, solve problems as needed, ensure that resources are deployed efficiently and effectively to meet program priorities while maintaining a balanced budget. Uses independent judgement and analyses in assessing urgency of problems and inquiries by internal and external stakeholders and mitigate or defer to Board as necessary.
- Provide oversight of the organizations building programs including capital fundraising campaigns, master planning, design and architecture, contractor selection, and construction.
- Lead and develop strategy for donor development and stewardship, fundraising, and individual philanthropy, to include legacy giving, annual and major gifts.
- Provide leadership, direction and oversight of Vision Center’s portfolio of programs, ensuring compliance and reporting with all regulatory, public and private funding requirements.
- Build programming infrastructure to ensure easy accessibility to the full range of comprehensive programs and services required for the youth population to achieve their unique needs and goals.
- Develop external partnerships to identify program gaps, prevent duplication of services, and maximize synergies with other community partners, businesses, and leading entrepreneurs for career preparation, transition support, and access to services.
- Research and deploy best practices and tools to continuously measure and evaluate target population’s needs and program effectiveness.
- Develop and seek opportunities to increase program impact and pursue opportunities for greater coordinated service delivery system of public, private, and non-profit organizations working together to serve our youth population.
- Be an external local and regional advocate of youth development programs in general and Mercy Works programs specifically for the purpose of garnering additional public support for Mercy Works.
- Serves as one of our “external faces” through public speaking opportunities, social media, industry conferences, written works, and local/state governmental hearings in order to elevate the impact and youth development work resulting in increased brand awareness and program enrollment.
- Assess training needs of staff, teachers and volunteers and works to provide annual professional development and training.
Our central office is located at 7000 All Nations Blvd. East Syracuse, NY 13057. You can connect with someone via phone (315) 463-7300.